Hi! I’m so glad you’re here. I’m Alice, and my purpose is to give you the tools, tricks, and tips you need to get started on your journey across the world!
You might be dreaming of going to Paris, Rio de Janiero, or Kyoto on your first trip but don’t know when you’ll find the time or how you’ll find the money. Even if you’ve been to dozens of countries, it always feels like there’s so much to prepare for before you travel. How is the next trip going to be different from the last one? Or perhaps you’re wondering how safe it is to travel alone.
Since WIW is about three things (mostly!), check out the following:
→Frequent Flyer Miles and Money Tips
These have helped me spend the majority of my 20s thus far abroad – even my later college years! The money that I have saved with them have allowed me to:
- Sit atop the London Eye at sunset (United Kingdom)
- See how the scars of slavery remain past the Door of No Return in Accra (Ghana)
- Climb Machu Picchu at sunrise (Peru)
- Sit under the crisp, perfectly-clear sky and see for miles around in the Uyuni Salt Flats (Bolivia)
- Admire the Tatio Geysers and Valley of the Moon in the Atacama Desert (Chile)
- Watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat (Cambodia)
- Snorkel with turtles in the national park waters of Phuket (Thailand)
- Drink watermelon juice straight from a drilled watermelon (Malaysia)
- Watch dancing lights on the tops of trees (Singapore)
- Appreciate the cherry blossom-filled stream of the Path of Philosophy (Japan)
- Feel tensions lasting from the 1950s at the DMZ (South Korea)
- Climb the Great Wall of China with no one around! (China)
- Ride a crystal-bottom (see-through) cable car by myself on Lantau Island (Hong Kong)
- Feel in absolutely awe at Yellowstone’s Mammoth Hot Springs and Grand Teton’s Jenny Lake (US)
If you want to do the same with international flights, make your way through these Frequent Flyer Miles posts:
- How to Get Started with Frequent Flyer Miles Today
- How to Leverage Airline Alliances in Earning and Redeeming Frequent Flyer Miles
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Keeping a 750+ Credit Score (for the best travel credit cards)
- Cards: What’s in my Wallet?
To save for trips that don’t always need flights, check out these money-saving tips:
Going on a trip soon? Get these itineraries:
If you want some of the resources that I’ve created for traveling, check here!
Need recommendations for gear, booking accommodations and flights, learning languages, and all things related to travel? Check here!
Want to get in touch with me? Have questions? I’m always happy to connect! You can email me directly at email@example.com or catch me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard, and Youtube.